Author Topic: Fleet mallets..  (Read 427 times)

Paul Ford

Fleet mallets..
« on: June 08, 2017, 01:39:14 PM »
I came across these today on the Ebay, costing $20 AUD ea.
I thought i would take a pair, im not expecting premium but for the price i'm in on a pair.
Ill give you some feedback later on.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-1pcs-Gong-Mallet-Big-Head-Style-Mallet-Wood-Core-with-Wool-Head-/171826687181?hash=item2801ab2ccd:g:yA0AAOSwv0tVfoi-

JohnLRice

Re: Fleet mallets..
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 05:23:36 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, Paul! Even though I think I have enough mallets, I couldn't resist the price and ordered a pair also.
Percussionist, Synthesist, Recording Engineer, Photographer, Videographer, Eater Of Tasty Foods
I own about 30 gongs - 6" to 44"

JohnLRice

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 03:19:30 AM »
Did you get yours yet, Paul? I got mine today and I think they are quite nice! Nicely weighted and good for striking medium to largish gongs and for rolling on large gongs.  I've only tried them for a minute so we'll see over time if my opinion changes. ;) Thanks again for the hot tip!  8)
Percussionist, Synthesist, Recording Engineer, Photographer, Videographer, Eater Of Tasty Foods

Paul Ford

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 11:51:50 AM »
Hey John, no mine are still in transit. So im happy to hear you find the mallets useful.
Ill check in with you again when i receive mine.

Regards.

Paul Ford

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 11:27:00 AM »
My mallets arrived today, and im happy with them.
My thoughts on them are:
Well made, with a good balance. The shaft is comfortable and i dont experience any slip as i hold them. Little contact noise with use, and i would say they weigh in at the same as a Olli Hess S186.
Some more for the bag!..

JohnLRice

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 01:18:57 AM »
Yes, quite a good deal on those, thanks again!